Location: Eloy, Arizona
Hours: Full Time
Job Summary: The Food Service Manager is responsible for managing the entire food service area of Youth Haven's children's program at the Arizona campus. This entails preparing delicious and balanced meals for the children and staff involved with Youth Haven's program; making sure Youth Haven is able to meet this basic need for every child. In addition, the Food Service Manager will oversee meal preparation and planning for occasional events held at the Arizona campus, as well as meals for volunteers as needed.
- Be a contagious and consistent Christian role-model for both the children and the staff, in and outside of the ministry.
- Be a contributing part of the ministry team; in so doing be able to occasionally lead a devotional for the staff, share what God has done in your personal life, and have input in ways the ministry can better reach lost children.
- Be able to lead other staff, volunteers, and teens in a confident, Christ-like manner.
- Prepare and serve nutritious, kid-friendly meals and snacks for each children's retreat at Youth Haven
- Prepare and serve nutritious, adult-friendly meals and snacks to groups of volunteers on occasion
- Prepare menus in advance for each children's retreat session
- Prepare quarterly and annual budget projections for food and other kitchen related expenses
- Create and place orders for food and other food service items as needed
- Maintain a clean and safe kitchen environment, subject to regular inspections by local agencies and YH leadership
- Prepare meals as needed for other Youth Haven functions, including special events such as our Candlelight Dinners
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Must have a passion and vision for children and teen ministry, specifically disadvantaged youth, as well as a desire to support a team of staff & volunteers who share that passion and vision
- A sincere and deep commitment to Youth Haven's mission and values
- Be a contagious and consistent Christian role model inside and outside the ministry of Youth Haven
- Must love children and teens!
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Prior working experience in food service or similar position
- Able to understand and follow food safety guidelines as required by state and local regulations and codes
- Serv-safe certification required either before starting, or shortly thereafter
- Responsible, organized and self-motivated
- Able to prepare meals for large groups of people timely and efficiently
- Able to prepare menus and order food and supplies
- Able to lead a group of teen assistants
- Able to be on your feet for extended periods of time
Youth Haven is a great place to work, with each member of our team using their gifts and skills to reach out to children in need. We offer competitive salaries and other benefits to our staff based upon experience and positional responsibilities. If you feel that serving the Lord at Youth Haven is what you'd like to do, and you possess the servant heart, skills and qualifications required for this position, please fill out our
online application. You may attach a resume and cover letter during the application process.